Sunday 1 September 2013

Day Two 31/08/09




Mummy and Daddy returned from work at about 7:30 am and they were anxious to see me. All night at work they had worried if I'd make it though the night... Which I did! They were very happy when they checked under my blanket and saw me snuffling away. Snuggled in the corner and feeling a lot warmer than the previous day. Though they were still concerned because I'm so small - it's difficult for me to regulate my temperature, something they wanted to keep an eye on.










I was however a lot more active today and kept wriggling around in between their hands and fingers, getting to know my new surroundings, I was really hungry by the time they got home and had a lot more energy than the day before. I just needed to fuel up the tank before continuing to be my wiggly self!




I also showed them that I was learning how to scratch my own belly, even if my balance wasn't the best in the world, I could hear mummy and daddy giggling at me as I wobbled about!



They took me into the Kitchen at about 8 am to feed me. When mummy put me down for a little bit as she made up my milk, I began to squeak, because I didn't like being left on my own in new surroundings. So she picked me up to calm me down, and after one stray squeak because I was hungry, I settled down ready for my feed.








I managed to gobble down 10 ml of kitten milk, covering myself in the process. I really am a messy eater! Mummy was soaked as well, but she didn't mind, as long as some of it was going into my mouth and filling my belly. I heard her saying that once they had a day off they'd buy me a proper feeding bottle or syringe, because the one they had was a bit to hard for me to chew as I fed and I was struggling to drink from it properly.


Once I had a full belly and mummy had helped me go to the toilet, I fell asleep down my mummy's top as it's very warm and snugly down there - it reminded me of my hedgehog mummy. It was just so cozy.

During this time I also manged to go to the toilet on my own without aid, which is good progress according to mummy and means that there are no problems inside my tummy!

A few hours passed where I slept soundly and then my belly started to rumble and I went on the search for a teat, nuzzling and nudging mummy and the blanket she had over us. Tickling her with my spines till she got up to feed me.




In the kitchen while mummy made up some kitten milk for me, I began to squeak again, my way of telling her I wanted food and attention, daddy heard my squeak all the way in the other room and came running to check I was OK. While mummy was preparing my milk, I also got to meet one of her cats... I think his name is Mac. He didn't seem too bothered by me. As soon as she settled me in for my feed though I calmed down again and gulped down another 15 ml, this was at about 11 am.

After my feed and toileting, mummy put me to bed in my box for a few hours, and then it was daddy's turn to feed me at 3 pm. He had a bit of trouble and I was a bit stubborn because I'm not so used to him yet. But he got me to have 5 ml and managed to toilet me as well.





Then it was mummy's turn again at 5:30 pm. Before I got fed, mummy weighed me and I weighed 58 g. I'd put on 3 g! I was very fussy this time, and just wouldn't sit still! I only managed abut 3-5 ml because I just didn't want to take my feed. At this time mum noticed my eyes had opened ever so slightly, and with a bit of research she was able to say I was between 2 and 3 weeks old... Meaning my teeth should be coming through any day now! She also decided my birthday was probably around the 14th of August.



At 9 pm I had my last feed, I was still very fussy and wriggly and only took another 6 ml. I think mummy was a bit worried about me not eating enough to keep my stable overnight again. After they had toileted me they settled me down for the night in my box with the blankets and heating pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment