Thursday 5 September 2013

Day Seven 05/09/13

When mummy got home at 7:30 am she took me straight downstairs for food...



But instead of my usual milk she decided to try my milk mixed with a bit of kitten food (blended together till it could still pass through my bottle), just to get me on the road towards weaning. 




My eyes are nearly completely open and it's suggested this is when you should start to wean us Hoglets.
She made up the mixture and I wolfed down about 10 ml.




 I ended up covered in bits of milk and cat food because I wolfed the food down too quick. But I didn't care. I guess my siblings had been greedy and pushed me away at feeding time, because I always rush to finish as much as I can!

When mummy put me down on the counter after my feed, I found a patch of spilled food and took two laps of it. 



So mummy tried putting some food in a flat container for me, to see if I would lap it up. She didn't have much look I was more interested in chewing the container - but she decided it was because I was too full to eat anymore.

After she toileted me, I had a chew on her finger, and she discovered that my first tooth had come through!!! It was on the left hand side, at the top and near the back.

With a full belly she put me back in my carry case and I snuggled down to sleep.

At around 11:30 am, mummy brought me down for another feed.


She tried again with trying to get me to lap from a shallow dish but I was more interested in either sitting in it or sticking my nose in it and then having little sneezing fits, so she went back to my bottle, where I drunk about 8 ml.





At about 2 pm, daddy brought me down for my next feed. He tried out the cat food and milk mixture and had to make a quick decision when the nozzle clogged... Did he squeeze really hard with it still in my mouth to unblock it, or did he take it out my mouth to do it. Luckily he made the right decision and brought it out my mouth, squeezing it and having a fountain of milk spray across the room. I took about 8 ml with this feed.



Daddy also fed me at 6 pm and 9 pm, where I took 7 ml each time of the new mixture. Mummy and daddy were very proud of me, and are keeping their fingers crossed that I'll start weaning soon!

After all my feeds it was off to bed so mummy and daddy could leave for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment