Monday 16 September 2013

Day Eighteen 16/09/13


When Mummy got home she took me downstairs and weighed me. I know weigh 94 g! I'm getting so close to 100 g!



After she weighed me it was feeding time at around 8 am. Starting off with a spoon full of baby food and kitten milk.

But She was really determined to get me weaned, so after I'd had a bit of food off the spoon, she put the baby food into the lid and used it like a little bowl.





She offered it to me and I finally started to lap from it! This means that now I'm getting the hang of more solid food and a bowl they can leave food in my new cage for me to eat when I want, so I'm not as reliant on them for as many of my feeds!

Part way through eating I stopped and went to the toilet, and mummy was happy because I had my first proper solid bowel movement, which means the baby food is really helping my digestion!



I still like to sit in my bowl after feeds so mummy had to give me a bath to wash the orange off me before popping me back in my bed!










At 11 am I had my second feed and I managed about a spoonful of food in the lid of the jar before I got fussy. Mummy tried to offer my my bottle to see if I would take it, but I just pushed it away with my nose! Mummy said she's proud of me, but I'm growing up too quick!

After my feed, she wiped me down and then took me back up to bed... Only 2 days till my new cage arrives!

At 3 pm, 6 pm and 9 pm it was daddy's turn to feed me, he fed me from a spoon however because mummy was asleep when he was feeding me and didn't get chance to tell him about my progress! I eat well with all my feeds and daddy had a big grin on his face at how well I'm doing!

After my last feed, he put me to bed and then him and mummy left for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment