Monday 2 September 2013

Day Four 02/09/13

This morning when mummy and daddy came home from work at 7:15 am, I was already snuffling around in my box and eager for some food.



Mummy weighed me this morning before my feed as well and I'd put on more weight! I now weighed 62 g!



Mummy brought me downstairs and I wolfed down 12 ml of food. After she'd toileted me, she settled me back down in my bed because I had visitors coming today!










Mummy did wake me up briefly so she could take some fun pictures with me, which was fun!

At 11 pm daddy came and got me and brought me downstairs, where I got to see the lovely people who first rescued me. I got lots of love and cuddles off them and they told me how well I looked, how much more alert I was and how my eyes were slowly starting to open.

I felt a little sad because they were all talking about how they hadn't thought I'd make it through the first night because I was so weak. I didn't want to scare them. But I'm glad I made them all proud by being so strong (and also with lots of help from my mummy and daddy)!



Soon after they arrived, everyone piled into the kitchen while I had my feed, it was daddy's turn (him and mummy often argue about who gets to feed me, I guess it's because I'm so cute)! I managed another 10 ml of milk, everyone joked that I was showing off for the guests, although I was still being fussy when feeding from the syringe.


Between feeds I had a little wander on the counter top, but I tend to squeak a lot when I'm not being held.


After I was fed and toileted daddy took me back through to the living room where I fell asleep in mummy's arms withing minutes of settling down, my nose tucked into the crook of her arm.



It wasn't long before the nice lady wanted to hold me, I like to be held so it was nice to have another person to cuddle me! And soon after I'd settled down I had them all laughing.

While being held, I let out such a squeaky trump that everyone found highly amusing. Apparently it was the first time they'd ever heard a hedgehog pass wind!

After cuddles, mummy took me back up to bed, and then they all went out. I don't like being alone, but I forgave them all when they came home with presents for me.



They bought me a carry case, a bottle, two new feeding syringes, lots more kitten milk (and food to wean me with) and some puppy training pads to line the carry case with.


Mummy tried me with the new syringes and bottles to start with, an it was obvious almost straight away that I preferred the bottle over the syringe.




                                          






Next it was the new ladies turn to feed me at about 2 pm. I tried out my new bottle. But only managed about 3 ml. I was being very fussy and I wasn't sure on being fed by someone new.








After my feed we all went outside and took some family pictures. I really like them, and all the news smells outside had me snuffling around like mad.


Nap time followed the pictures and then I had another feed at 6 pm. Mummy tried the new bottle again and this time I managed about 10 ml. I found it easier to feed from this, because it had a softer tip that I could chew on as I was drinking.

I had another sleep and then daddy fed me at 9 pm with my new bottle, where I managed 10 ml again. He put me to bed after he toileted me (though he brought me to see mummy before I went to sleep) and told me I had a big day coming up tomorrow! I wonder what is happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment