Saturday 7 September 2013

Day Nine 07/09/13


Mummy came and brought me down for my feed at about 8 am. She mixed together kitten food and kitten milk and blended it into a paste for me, having a second attempt at starting to wean me.


Just before my feed she weighed me, I now weighed 74 g!



She squirted some of the mixture onto a flat container to start off with to see if she could encourage me to lap it up. I had a few attempts, but I was more interested in chewing it and rolling around in the goop. Better luck next time?





I took the rest of my feed from the bottle, swallowing down 10 ml and covering myself in the process. But I didn't care because it tasted really good - I couldn't get enough!

After my feed, mummy settled me down for my regular sleep between feeds.


At 12 pm mummy took me down for another feed, I was so fidgety that she could tell I was hungry, so she didn't bother messing around with the container, instead she went straight into my feed. I managed about 8 ml of the feed before I was full. Being a mix of kitten food and milk, the feed was a lot thicker and so it was much more filling, and it took me a lot longer to eat/drink than just the pure milk.



After she wiped my wriggling self down to get rid of all the food I dribbled she settled me back down to sleep. Once I'm big enough she said she'd have to start giving me baths because I'm such a messy eater!

At 3 pm and 6 pm daddy fed me the rest of the kitten food and milk. I had about 8 ml each time. At 9 pm daddy did my final feed of the day. This time I only had milk, but managed about 12 - 15 ml. Showing that the milk with the food blended in was a lot more filling for me.

After my feed it was back to bed until morning as mummy and daddy had to leave for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment