Wednesday 4 September 2013

Day Five 03/09/13

Today was a big day and I got to go on a big adventure with mummy and daddy and the nice people who rescued me!


When mummy came in to feed me in the morning, she was shocked to find out I'd managed to climb out of my nest and was running around like mad on the carpet! I got myself all worked up up because I didn't know where I was once I got out my box and I started to squeak and cry till mummy picked me up and I felt safe again in her hands.

At 6 am I had my morning feed and drunk down 10 ml of milk. Then it was straight back to bed to keep me calm and settled before my bog trip.

At 10:30 am daddy fed me another 10 ml and then mummy settled me in my new carry case with a soft warm teddy and lots of bedding to keep me warm.


They took me out to the car and settled me down. Where my adventure began -Mummy told me we were going to Manchester to meet her niece. A baby girl who was 4 days younger than me.





I wasn't too keen on the car to start off with, because it didn't stay still. But after a while I was able to settle down and sleep for a bit.


At about 1 pm a had my feed in the car, this time I only had 5 ml because I was due to be fed when we arrived about an hour later and they didn't want to over feed me.


After my feed, I started to suckle on mummy's finger - it was the first time I'd done it and it must have tickled because she couldn't stop laughing!



I settled down pretty quick after this and snuggled down in my case in the most awkward looking of positions!



Mummy was really happy to meet her new niece, and even though she was younger than me, she was a lot bigger!



I also met her other niece and twin nephews. Her older niece was really excited to meet me. She likes animals but she's scared of them. So mummy was really proud of her when she stroked me and helped hold the bottle to feed me (where I had another 5 ml). Though she wasn't brave enough to hold me this time.

We stayed about 2 hours before we headed home. But not before stopping off at mummy's grandparents house, so they could meet me.








I liked their house, it was very warm and I had a snooze in both of their hands, and got to have my first photo Shoot. However, I was hungry at this point so I just wouldn't sit still!


It was about 6 pm when I had my feed there and managed about 10 ml. Mummy's Grandparent's tried to kidnap me because I'm so cute, but mummy realized just in time! and got me back.






One the way home I was very tried, and just slept in mummy's hands.

We got home about 8 pm, and 9 pm I had my last feed for the day. I was very fussy tonight and kept balling up, and probably only took about 5 ml. Mummy and daddy weren't too worried though. I'd had a big day and was probably stressed out. So they settled me down in m warm nest and let me sleep!

They said I'm probably one of the best traveled Hedgehog's around!

No comments:

Post a Comment